Saturday, April 9, 2011

God’s design

Three years ago I took a beginning quilting class where one of our projects was a lap size “trip around the world” quilt.  I chose fabrics from my stash and added a couple from the shop.  Coincidentally the fabrics and size were suitable for a baby girl, and my daughter was pregnant with our first grandchild.  By the time I finished the quilt I needed to start another one because our Veteran’s day grandchild was a boy.  So I wrapped the first quilt in one of those space saving bags and sucked out the air.  Three years after I chose those fabrics for that quilt I was finally able to present it to our first granddaughter, Leah, born on her due date, Valentine’s Day.  The fabric I used for the back of the quilt and what appears to be a solid pink on the front is actually printed with hearts!  Someday as Leah cuddles in her quilt she’ll know she’s loved by her Grammy and her heavenly Father who knew her long before she was even conceived.

3 comments:

  1. Nice first blog mom. Leah is currently wearing the jammies in that pick right now as I'm reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my grandbabies and their grammie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful grandchildren and beautiful quilts made with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete